Racey days, Help me through the hopeless haze.

Big D's Random Happenings. Plus some robots. Comments Appreciated!!!

Sunday, August 06, 2006

OTAKON 2006!!!

Thursday: After work,went down to the city, where I met up with Nonye, Chris, Davon, Billy, Nneka, James, and Ifeoma. After an hour in line, we got our passes, and headed back to their hotel. Nonye showed me this video of Tezuka from Prince of Tennis killing the dinosaurs with his forehand. I head back home on the Metro at 9:30, got to Home Depot till 10, and work on my costume until 1. I still can't believe that people wore their costume while picking up their passes.

Friday: Start the day by wearing full costume and taking the subway at 8 am. Needless to say I recieved weird looks from all the people heading to work. So, I get to the hotel, and when I walk in all I see is a shirtless Chris beoing told to "get your ass in the tub" by Nneka. He actually ended up having really cool looking hair for his Frankie costume, and that stuff she put in it made it ridiculously resistant to changing shape. We caught AMV overflow, and then I ended up running into Corey. He and I ended up following some crazy dudes to the Gallery where we had lunch. While Corey goes back to "A Funny Movie", I decide to check out Ouran Host Club, as Nonye had recomended it. It was pretty funny, though the hinting at incest was creepy.

After that I went to the AMV contest, but I was supposed to leave like 10 minutes for a photo shoot. They actually had some pretty cool AMVs, so I skipped the photo shoot, but left for the
Otaklause challenge. Elan, Touis and I got there and couldn't find Corey. Since we need a team of four we end up asking a girl dressed as Squall to be our fourth. We enter the contest, with the "Da-Da-Da-Da-Da Dun-Da-Dunt" Final Fantasy victory song as our team name. We end up qualifying, but then everyone who lost bitches, and so we redo the entire thing.

Long story short, we end up watching teams that we beat in the qualifiers move onto round two while we sat in our seats. As I sat there seething(according to Elan, not quietly), the ridiculous challenges made it impossible not to laugh, so I ended up having fun. I lost the evil laugh contest to Elan, and the final challenge was cut short because our room had to be used for a Yaoi panel, but it was fun. At least I was able to point at Touis and tell one group of fangirls "You're ruining this little kid's fun for Yaoi!"

Saturday: Elan and I get there at 10 even though we planned to wake up at 8 to get MUCC tickets. In fact the only person who got up in time was Nonye. Elan couldn't get his hair done by Nneka, so he had to walk around with the chemical green hair caused by his attempt the day before to fix it. We watch the end of "Survive Style 5" with Chris and Billy, then Touis and I head out for a private photo shoot.

Since they don't have a Vincent, we are able to call Corey. I personally think Elan's coustume was better than the Cloud we had, but we can blame a stupid Rufus for organizing this badly. In fact we had to pull a Tifa nad Aeris off the side of the street(not that those two ladies would frequent street corners...well at least not Aeris..). The art room is interesting, not only are there great artists and raffles, but this one crazy fangirl comes up to Elan and Corey telling them "Nice costumes, but you fuckers could never beat my Cid", "Tifa is a slut, you should get with
Yuffie, she's a hottie, Cloud", and "Only punk bitches use ranged weapons, Vincent". Most hilarious thing ever!

We grab food, then head to the Hotel. As Elan is getting his his hair done, Nonye teaches me about dojinshi and bishonin manga. Chris calls me telling me that they saved me a seat for the Hellsing Ultimate premeire, which is awesome because I really wanted to see it, but didn't know when it was. Afterwards we watch "Sex is Zero", which is like American Pie but with a gym team. We stay for the beginning of "Sex and Fury", but after a hilarious sword fight(think Kill Bill, but naked lol), it ends up having a couple weird scenes that cued my exit. Elan, Chima, and I watch some of "How to survive a zombie apocolypse", which is slightly funny, but mostly boring. Though it does bring up a good question, does holy water affect Zombies?


Sunday:
We went to the dealer's room for a while. Then we caught the Sunday afternoon parodies. They had the W.A.T.E.R. + H.E.A.T. = S.T.E.A.M. thing, which as Nonye had said was frikin hilarious. Too bad I lost my gun though, it would have been a great momento of this year's Otakon. On second thought though, I'm glad I didn't have to walk through the Subway with it, people staring at you makes you feel really self concious.

Lyric of the Day:

"Boom boom boom boom
I want you in my room
Let's spend the night together
From now until forever"
-Vengaboys:"Boom Boom Boom Boom"

Random Story of The Day:
So I flip through over 200+ pictures hoping to find one of Me, Elan, or Chris. I find only one
person from our entire group in that set of photos. Nneka cosplaying as a schoolgirl. Man, fate hates me.

3 Comments:

At 1:43 PM, Blogger Elan said...

I looked through over 128*12 pics... think how i feel

 
At 6:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good job on actually writing a real Otakon wrap-up post. You're the only one who has that kind of patience.

Nonye showed me this video of Tezuka from Prince of Tennis killing the dinosaurs with his forehand.

Haha, isn't that video hilarious? I think that was the moment I realized that Tezuka was my favorite character. PoT = ridiculous.

So, I get to the hotel, and when I walk in all I see is a shirtless Chris beoing told to "get your ass in the tub" by Nneka.

No comment.

"Nice costumes, but you fuckers could never beat my Cid", "Tifa is a slut, you should get with Yuffie, she's a hottie, Cloud", and "Only punk bitches use ranged weapons, Vincent".

LOL XD!

Nonye teaches me about dojinshi and bishonin manga.

I believe the correct spellings are doujinshi and bishounen. Just thought I'd clarify that.

I find only one person from our entire group in that set of photos. Nneka cosplaying as a schoolgirl.

I know I'm totally ignoring your statement by asking this question, but would you mind telling me what site this was? I'm sure Nneka would like to see a photo of herself.

And that sucks about Otaklause. Bitchy Otaku = Not cool.

And congratulations on your 5th LJ entry! A milestone indeed.

 
At 10:52 PM, Blogger Big D said...

Spelling is never my friend. I'ma upload the photo and add it to the post.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home