Racey days, Help me through the hopeless haze.

Big D's Random Happenings. Plus some robots. Comments Appreciated!!!

Monday, July 31, 2006

Play hard, work harder....not really

So, this weekend I had one hell of a crazy weekend. It starts off with Chris getting lost on his way to my house(I don't know how hard it is to follow a sign saying South, but we won't ask). SO a couple minutes late, we leave for CP. Elan told us there is going to be a salsa dance party. Okay I think to myself, I'll lookup salsa dancing on the internet so I can not look like a bumbling idiot(I'll only look one of the two).

We get there after me having to turn around five times(I blame one way streets). Elan tells us that his group is at dinner, so we can hang around the house, until Chris realized he didn't have dinner. Elan coerces Chris into buying him a banana, and getting an Oreo Shake. He suggests I get one too, until I point out its called a MILK-shake for a reason.

Back to the house, Elan's roomate is setting up some sort of machine. Its taken apart, and I have no idea how good he is with electronics, but smoke is coming out of it. Thankfully it turns out to be a smoke machine that he was fixing. We help set up lights adn stuff, and then we discover the greatest treasure there(besides the wonderful company of course).

As they are living in a frat house, Elan's people have access to a full DJ setup, with two turntables and everything. Chris messes around with mixing songs (only a few sounded anything like music). I have fun trying to switch from Prodigy to Chris Brown to Electric Six to Panic! at the Disco. Elan's roomate decides we should stop playing with the equipment, so he takes over and sets up his laptop.

(A quick aside. Elan's roomie loves Techno. and by that I mean thats all he wanted to play all night. I'm not that opposed to othEr peoples' music, but three hours of Techno will annoy anyone, especially when it accompanied only with kids messing with glowsticks...even when I am one of them)

Anyway, if the lack of involvement (no dancing) didn't kill the party, people turning on the lights and stopping the music for five minutes to get drinks was it for me. We all went to the living room and hung out. We used the boken I brought to hit foam peices out of the air. And we had boxing matches. Nothing is funnier than seeing Collins say, "I got one more in me, then getting slapped around by Elan". We met Elan's friend Alex who turned out to be pretty cool. He swordfights(for real, like fencing, not like us), and actually makes his own chainmail stuff.

We decide to head back to the party. Messing with the strobe light to Techno music is pretty fun, though the drunk people are annoying and bothersome. I mean can a person have a shadow fight with their friend and not be bumped into twenty times?

As the party dies down, we end up hanging out with Tina and Ellie, who are interesting, and like us decided the good old sober route. We watch Tina's skydiving video, and we see pics from skydiving. (Note: In half the pictures Joe is in the background looking emo, must be the glasses).

We send Chris to get stuff, and when he comes back he tells me my boken was broken. What kind of asshole breaks somebody else's stuff? Even though it was like 2 AM, I was going to get angry, but Elan calmed me down.

So in the morning, we went to this LARP event with Alex. It was full contact with foam armor, and was really fun. Elan, Chris, and I joined the Roman army for the day, and we were able to borrow a lot of stuff. It was fun, even though I had to wear heavy armor. Chris had lighter leather armor, and Elan backed us up with Javelins. It was fun, I got to backstab a person who thought I was dead, defend the Imperator, and charge a King.

When I got home I was too tired to do anything, in fact I spent Sunday recovering.

I started work Monday, and it is pretty interesting. Its like AP Programming except wiht a much harder project, and no teacher. Having to do this in a new language sucks, and I'm pretty sure my runtime will end up being like an hour. At least I got to hang out with Angela at lunch.

Lyric of the Day:
"Kiss me out of the bearded barley
Nightly, beside the green, green grass
Swing, swing, swing the spinning step
You wear those shoes and I will wear that dress."
-Sixpence None The Richer:"Kiss Me"

Note: I always loved this song, but I never knew what it was. Thanks Joe!

Random Story of The Day:
So, at work I spent the past two days working on an information gathering program to make a database. After I finished, I realized that my database looks exactly like this file that my coworker sent me. Apparently she had already done it for me, and I practically replicated her program for no reason.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home