Racey days, Help me through the hopeless haze.

Big D's Random Happenings. Plus some robots. Comments Appreciated!!!

Saturday, April 01, 2006

Guys and Dolls and Directions

Yesterday was just crazy overall.

First, I visit every teacher that has written me rec letters to get the letters my NG scholarshipp needed. Turns out only two were able to print out copies of their letters, and I am barely able to get it to MS. McGhin. Of course this means I have to run through the hall way carrying all of my textbooks in my arms, trying not to drop "the pile". ("The pile" is actually quite infamous, having eaten an IRP and three Journals)

When I get outside there is a crowd of people hanging around by my car. "Oh shit, another dead bird", I think to myself as I walk up to my car. After telling Chris to get his ass off my car, we start loading up our stuff for the trip to Collins'. After all of us (Elan, Chris, Joe, Ruthie, Angela, Tuua, Katie and I ) do a "We are family" cheer, we head out.

At Collins' he tells us his N64 works now. That means Pokemon Stadium! I mean besides dance-offs and manly challenges, the arena is the best way to settle disputes peacefully. Chris gives Joe his "unbeatable team" and the kid manages to lose in several attempts. After ridiculing Joe not being "the very best like no one ever was", we drop him to work and Elan and I head out to his house.

We get to Elan's house, have toasted ham and cheese sandwiches, watch some Reboot, and get directions. We use Mapquest, but I copy the directions to Word and remove the pictures in order to not waste ink. We head out, and our journey begins.

We follow directions until we got to the I-95. I ask Elan what exit we have to take. "The directions end here", he says. We figure out that I forgot to copy the whole directions so he calls up Josie. After making sure that she got two tickets, he writes down the information, and tells me, "Take the 32". His phone beeps and he realizes he missed a call. He calls back Tuua, and starts asking why she called. I see the 32 ahead, but realize that he never told me East or West. As he is talking to Tuua, I ask him which way to go, and he ignores me, engrossed in his conversation.

"Hang the goddam phone up and give me directions!", I yell out. He complies, and in fifteen minutes we are at the school. Josie is there waiting, and gives us the tickets. We see the show, which is quite impressive, especially since they have a real "pit" and adjustable ceiling for acoustic control. At intermission, I check out the drama shirts while Elan goes to the bathroom. The show concludes, and after Josie sees us off, we head to Elans' house. I reach my own house at 11:30, and see twoletters on the table.

One is a real letter for getting into Hopkins. The other however is the Bannaker Key Award from College Park. Talk about mixed messages in my brain. College for free is a really good thing when you got a little brother, but Hopkins does have nice facilities and is in Baltimore.


Lyric of the Day:
" Eleanor rigby picks up the rice in the church where a wedding has been

Lives in a dream
Waits at the window, wearing the face that she keeps in a jar by the door
Who is it for?
All the lonely people
Where do they all come from ?
All the lonely people
Where do they all belong ? "
-The Beatles: Eleanor Rigby

Here are some quotes from those Drama T-shirts:
-"Actors do it on stage"
-"Dancers do it in all positions"
-"Techies do it in the dark"
-"Hold me, I'm a Fermata"
-"Music is life, everything else is drama"
-"Techie(n.) -person blamed when actors screw up"




2 Comments:

At 1:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"College for free is a really good thing when you got a little brother, but Hopkins does have nice facilities and is in Baltimore."

Exactly.

Hey, I got that Tanner Dean's scholar thingy-majigger at Cornell. Apparently I get advising for post-graduate research and applying for yet more scholarships like Rhodes and Marshall. Ha.

I think that makes it worthy of a visit, even though I still don't really want to go.

 
At 3:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Chris gives Joe his 'unbeatable team' and the kid manages to lose in several attempts."

For the record, I won after you guys left the room. All I had to do was make Alakazam do psychic and Jolteon do thunder all the time. No sweat.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home