Racey days, Help me through the hopeless haze.

Big D's Random Happenings. Plus some robots. Comments Appreciated!!!

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Cultural Experience: Radio Golf

Today was Senior Skip Day!!!

Meaning of course, that I went to school.

Well not so much school, as to a school sponsored field trip to Center Stage. The play was interesting, a foray into the Black Community of the 1990's. It was interesting to see the conflict between preserving the past and paving the way to the future. Also, the tension between those achieving through sacrificing their individuality, and those who refuse to sacrifice themselves was quite moving.

Joe was on my left sleeping for the first half, and Chris was on my right dancing to the music in between scenes. On the bus, Jared had a gigantic bag of snacks, and after I had a couple(or more) handfuls of snacks, I realized that the snacks had fulfilled 60% of my daily sugar intake. As long as I don't get diabetes I'm fine though...

Lyric of the Day:
"Ask me anything you like

I'll reveal everything
I will treasure the truth
You could know anything"
-Sondre Lerche:"Sleep on Needles"

Random Story of The Day:


I'm standing next with Akash, Joe, Chris, Jared, and Milton waiting for the bus to come. I see Joe nod his head to someone behind me.

"Joe, you slick bastard...", I think to myself, "Who are you nodding at, and do I know her?".

I decide to be covert in turning around, not wanting to make Joe realize that I saw him nodding to some girl at the play.

When I turn around, standing behind me is Julius.

Well, there went all delusions of Joe's prowess.



2 Comments:

At 7:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just so you know, sugar intake is not a direct cause of Type II diabetes. Now of course, there is a correlation, but, as I'm sure you know, correlation does not prove causation (sorry, I couldn't resist lol).

Haha, sorry, I'm procrastinating on WH right now, so I thought I'd pass the time by making a super know-it-all-ish comment. Feel free to ignore lol.

 
At 11:27 PM, Blogger Big D said...

Correlation is good enough for me and other paranoid people lol

 

Post a Comment

<< Home