Racey days, Help me through the hopeless haze.

Big D's Random Happenings. Plus some robots. Comments Appreciated!!!

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Ghost of Chrismas Past...

Today, I did something I had not done in nearly a year, I went to an Anime Club meeting. It made me realize how over the years in high school everything has changed, from people's interests to friends.

In ninth grade, I remember going to Anime Club to meet new people. I found a common interest with these kids who also played video games, even though at the time I did not watch anime. I felt out of place when Elan walked up to Jeff for the first time commenting "I love Cowboy Bebeop too!", but it was comforting knowing that these people too enjoyed video games, fantasy, and sci-fi. Anime Club to me will always be Elan, Jeff, Chris and I sitting in the back making comments about the show we were watching while Nneka shouted for us to be quiet.

But, as time has passed, my friends and I had more important obligations. Chris had to go to track practice, Jeff had to go to work, Elan and I had to go to Robotics. However, I will always be happy that time at Anime Club was part of my high school experience, because without it I may never have gotten to know the interesting characters that I know and call friends.

My visit to Anime Club reminded me of a simpler time, when no one really knew anyone else and was therefore willing to make friendships. I find it hard to believe that today, as Seniors, this open, accepting environment exists.

Lyric of the Day:
"Where the good times gone?
Where the good times gone?
All the stupid fun
And all that shit we've done
Where the good times gone?
Well I still don't know "
-Nickelback: Good Times Gone

Random Story of The Day:
So Akash was doing research after school for his "Junior Project".

Me: So what is this project exactly?
Akash: A 10-page paper on the American Dream
Me: Thats not so bad, we just had an 8-pager on Hamlet
Akash: But you don't have FDR's outline due the same week!
Me: Yeah, I don't...
(Ms. Silverman enters)
Ms. Silverman: Well, time to go.
Me: Well good luck with that project
Akash: And the Presidential outline...
Ms. Silverman: I actually extended the essay's due date
Akash: That's great! You're not as evil as they say
Ms. Silverman: The students think I'm evil?
Akash: No, just intimidating, exept for me of course
(We start to leave the room)
Akash: Also, Ms. Silverman, I want to let you know that I'm not as chauvanist as I seemed in class
Ms. Silverman: I realize, but good luck finding a wife after saying what you said in class today


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home