Racey days, Help me through the hopeless haze.

Big D's Random Happenings. Plus some robots. Comments Appreciated!!!

Sunday, August 20, 2006

High School Hijinks: A mix CD by Big D

So I was randomly thinking of which songs captured my high school experince the most. The list:

-Must Be Dreaming(First Otakon AMV, Introduced Elan and I to Frou Frou)
-Come on Eileen(Elan loves this song + It sounds like they say Tuua's name)
-Drive(This has served as the Karaoke song of choice for me + Sonia likes Incubus, thats all I knew about her besides that she wasa conservative in 9th Grade)
-Pink Triangle(Thinking you have thing figured out then it crashing has been high shchool for me + Jeff and I sang it in APUSH)
-Rock and Roll Queen(Subways sang this in concert + Katie Ryan made me remember this after her excursion with a band member)
-Look Up(Joe gave me this amazing song after I said I loved violin-based songs)
-Kick Push(Yohance introduced me to Lupe Fiasco with this)
-Time to dance(A reference to one of the most misguided and silly things I have ever done)
-Perfect Situation(Jeff once again sang this with me, cept in Econ + The song meaning captures part of high school for me)
-21 and Invincible(Late night trips with the crew+ Katie introduces me to Something Corporate)
-Move ALong (The meaning got me through some messed up times)
-When you were young(Chris loves this song + we were considering going to the virgin festival)
-Ms New Booty(For some reason I call Shilpa "Ms. New Booty", probably as she is a good dancer)
-Sweetness(Davon and I love this song + Represents all the crazy things I've done)
-I Believe in a Thing Called Love(DAvon aways sings it + Ruthie always plays this song in her car)
-My hero(Joe loves it, and we sang it in Physics)
-We are the Champions(Robotics theme song, for both victory and defeat)
-Change Your Mind(One of the songs that represent the things I had hoped would happen in HS, but didn't + My blog)



Lyric of the Day:
"Well painted passion
You rightly suspect
Impersonation
The dumbing down of love
Jaded in anger
Love underwhelms you
No box of chocolates
Whichever way you fall
And if I tell you
Lover alone without love
What will happen
Lover alone without love"
-Frou Frou:"The Dumbing Down Of Love"



Random Story of The Day: At work I wikipedia-ed Harvard. It suggested a merge with Primal Scream. Then I realized what Primal Scream was. Brad said he wasn't going to participate thankfully.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home