Racey days, Help me through the hopeless haze.

Big D's Random Happenings. Plus some robots. Comments Appreciated!!!

Friday, June 23, 2006

Lunch and Legends

So yeah, Yesterday we went for appetizers and drinks at TGIF. It was pretty fun, with Briana downing sugar packets, Dan actually dropping a knife, and Joe staring off into the distance(thinking or at a waitress?). While trying to tie a cherry stem into a knot with my tongue, I ended up splitting it into three peices(which can also be called thirds).

We walked all the way to Legends(which Joe complained about). While Vik and Joe look at comic books/manga, I head over to the trade binders. We end up all watching Briana lose to Joe at chess. There was also an intense Risk game where Joe convinced the other people to gang up on me, so I was left with 3 armies on Greenland.

I then discovered a horrible truth...Joe did not know how to play Yu-gi-oh! With our youth coming to a close soon, we bought precons and I taught Joe. Now, I can room with Joe knowing that he was been one with the heart of the cards. That probably seemed more comedic in my head.

Lyric of the Day:
"So here I am it's in my hands
And I'll savor every moment of this
So here I am alive at last
And I'll savor every moment of this
Savor every moment of this"
-The Used:"The Taste of Ink"

Random Story of The Day:
I bought two packs of Yu-gi-oh yesterday when I was leaving Legends. I opened two copies of this card that I can't use unless I buy a bunch of packs. I look up the card, and apparently it is the Ultra-Rare of the set and it goes for like $30.

3 Comments:

At 2:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, Joe didn't know how to play Yu-Gi-Oh? For some unknown reason, that greatly surprises me. Even I know (well, knew) how to play Yu-Gi-Oh, despite the fact that I never actually played the game (but then again, I had...um...a slight obsession with the show when it first came on the air, so I guess that would explain a few things). Well, I suppose if he didn't watch the show, he wouldn't know how to play.

Now, I can room with Joe knowing that he was one with the heart of the cards.

You know how I can tell that I'm an ex-Yu-Gi-Oh! fanatic? Because that made me giggle. *is 100% dork*

 
At 6:02 PM, Blogger Big D said...

Yeah, my initial reaction was shock. Though I will admit playing Yu-gi-oh in like 9th grade was one, although not the best way to network. In the end though Anime club made me some good friends, and as GTO says "True dudes hang tight".

 
At 1:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey I watched the show. I just never really followed it. Trap cards, spell cards... frankly they're ridiculous. Which is a key quality for hilarity.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home