Racey days, Help me through the hopeless haze.

Big D's Random Happenings. Plus some robots. Comments Appreciated!!!

Sunday, March 19, 2006

Acceptance...

Well, today was interesting, as I just got hit by several disappointments in a row...

First, even though our robot placed 16th, no teams chose us for the finals. That was sort of shitty, because a large part of me wanted senior year at robotics to go out with a bang. I mean I gave up being Christopher Wren the Mousetrap, and still didn't get an office. Well, at least i can't be blamed for this failure.

Then, after we reached back to Parkville, Joe rushed me onto the computer to check my MIT status. "We are sorry" was all I needed to see, but I didn't feel that bad because MIT was a large gambit for me. I accepted this taste of defeat and went to dinner with the robotics crew.

Dinner was fun, especially seeing how well my like of music matched Sonia's tastes. Hanging out at Dameon's was fun, and Elan leaving the money rolled into a gigantic wad and rubber-banded will probably be the most amusing way I will ever see a person pay for their meal. Losing at the trivia game at Dameons was proof that today was meant to suck a little.

After dinner we were invited to a party at Jade and Joyce's, but it was too late to go, as I had to drop Elan home. That really is the sucky aspect of living far away from school, you have to drive far to get home. I had promised Elan's mom to have him home at 11, and it was already 10 after dinner, so I dropped Chris and Kevin home then went to drop Elan home.

Lyric of the Day:
"So tell me friend: how's it going to end?

When the shit goes downand there's no one left around to get your back
You'll crack
You'll smile and agree with everything they say
They'll try to tell you that it's all okay
But it's not and you're shot and you're bleeding pretty bad
And you can't stop thinking about the things you never had"
-Streetlight Manifesto: Point/Counterpoint


Random Story of The Day:
So this girl from another team comes over to check out our robot. Dori sends her to me because she was asking technical questions that she couldn't answer.

Me: Can I help you?
Her: Yeah, I was just curious about what you guys did for your drive system?
Me: Well we used tank-style drive with one speed.
Her: Thats interesting. What motors did you use?
(Kneil makes a reeling motion to me)
Me: Umm..the small CIM motors.
Her: Well, thanks for the info. See you around.
(She walks away)
(Kneil walks up to me)
Kneil: Dinesh! Come on! Two wings to fly! We're gonna help you reel her in!
Me: Thanks, but I think I'm done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home