Racey days, Help me through the hopeless haze.

Big D's Random Happenings. Plus some robots. Comments Appreciated!!!

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Ophelia was the protagonist....

So we had an English unit test today. While I really didn't say that Ophelia was the protagonist(I know, some scholar out there is spending their life "proving" this), I did choose to write about her as a clear symbol of conflicting interests. I mean her desire to be with Hamlet and her desire to preserve family honor(aka not being seen as a mistress) were what caused their relationship to stalemate.

Speaking of stalemating, today was the semi-finals of chess. Parkville sadly loss, but Joe did beat his opponent in five minutes. I personally had my game won...until I forgot that bishops move diagonally and lost the trap around his queen. So I ended up with a bishop and king to a knight, king and five pawns...not a nice place to be

The sad part was I was able to draw by killing all of his pawns.

I love the way the clock freaks people out; it makes mind games much more effective.

Lyric of the day:
"And just like the ocean under the moon
Well thats the same emotion that I get from you
You got the kind of lovin that can be so smooth
Gimme your heart make it real
Or else forget about it"
-Santana: Smooth

Funny Story of the Day:
Yesterday we were at Robotics, and I needed a knife for something. I figured Dan owned like 20 (Phil Collins claimed some were as big as his arm), so I would get one from him.

Me: Dan, I need a knife.
Dan(whisper): Why?
Me(loudly): To cut this wire...just give me...
Dan(whisper): Calm the hell down...you realize we can't have knives in school right...
Me: Oh. Well then get me a saw to cut this with.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home