Racey days, Help me through the hopeless haze.

Big D's Random Happenings. Plus some robots. Comments Appreciated!!!

Thursday, February 16, 2006

Mandatory meeting!

Today we had the first ever mandatory History Club meeting, becasue Niekirk was pissed that no one was showing. Everyone going on the trip was there except Ruthy, who had quit the trip. We got Jared to take her slot, meaning the chaperone roomed with the girls instead of us. Needless to say, Katie was not amused, niether were Salina and Tuua. With Akash as our main information source the Belarus team has actually started writing our position paper. When Elan found out that Belarus was one of two European nations to use the Death Penalty, he shouted out "Yay, we got the Death Penalty!". I was a little disappointed when there was no response from the Yemen side of the room, because I always am entertained by political arguments. Off to robotics then...

With five? days till ship, our robot can not even drive. And can't shoot. Well, thats slightly discouraging, but today was the most productive meeting we have had to this point. After a brief "teambuilding exercise"(snowball fight), our entire team was busy trying to get the robot ready for competition. It was great to see everyone so busy(hell even Sonia was actually working on the robot), but it was sucky when at the end of the day we realized we could not go to playdate...

Lyric of the Day
"So pardon me while I burst into flames.
I've had enough of the world, and its people's mindless games.
So pardon me while I burn and rise above the flame."
-Incubus: Pardon Me

Funny Story of the Day: So at robotics I'm eat dinner with Brittany and Sonia. Joe comes over and walks up behind Brittany. She says" While you'rse back there might as well give me a massage" jokingly. Joe feebly attempts to do so, and Sonia and I start laughing as Brittany tries not to say anything about Joe's bad massage. I call Julius over.

Me(whisper): Jules, take a pic with your phone...
Julius(whisper): Lemme get out my phone...
(He pulls out his phone and points it at Joe)
(I wait while he goes through the menus trying to find his camera)
Me(whisper): Hurry up...
(Ten seconds pass)
Julius(whisper): We have a problem...
Me(whisper): What?
Julius(whisper): I just realized I don't have a camera on my phone...
Me: What a waste of time!
That exclamation ruined the "moment" for Brittany and Joe...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home