Racey days, Help me through the hopeless haze.

Big D's Random Happenings. Plus some robots. Comments Appreciated!!!

Friday, April 28, 2006

Communication between the sexes

Today in psych we had an interesting class. We talked about gender roles, and stereotypes.

Last class, the girls pretended to be guys. Complete with the "hand-in-jeans lean", it was entertaining to watch the girls as they talked about how their "girlfriends" are always bothering them to talk, and how they have to try to ignore her while watching the game. Example of this:

Cyanide and Happiness, a daily webcomic
Cyanide & Happiness @ Explosm.net

Today, the guys had their chance to complain about their "boyfriend". We got to comment on how he's always leaving us for his friends, how he is always checking out other girls, and how lucky he is to be with a girl like us. The biggest contraverset arose when Josh said that girls purposefully mix messages, to the point where "No, leave me alone" means "Hug me".

Apparently "No, im busy" doesn't mean "try harder" though. Except when it does.

Lyric of the Day:
" So listen up!

Look at me straight!
Just hear me out!
Don't make me wait!"
-Frou Frou:"Hear me out"

Random Story of The Day:

So, I'm walking from Psychology to the bathroom. I have to pass Mr. Bruns' APUSH class. I pass the first door way, and as I walk, I hear Jared yell "Hey Dinesh!!!!". As I walk by the second room door, i wave to the juniors.
Walking back to the psych room, I cover my face with the clipboard as i walk past the first door in order to be covert. As I walk by the second, I hear Jared burst out laughing. I was later told he was like that for five minutes.
The Juniors are crazy, I can't miss my last night to hang with those kids.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home