Racey days, Help me through the hopeless haze.

Big D's Random Happenings. Plus some robots. Comments Appreciated!!!

Saturday, January 21, 2006

Guildpact Prerelease


After doing work on Sci-fair with Collins, we decided that we should go to the Guildpact pre-release. You know, a little drafting, a little sealed deck. My Izzet deck did decently, getting me a 2-1-1 rating. I drafted a really controlling Orzov deck with tons of discard, but mana screw meant i was knocked out at second round(How this happens with 17 lands in a 40 card deck?, i dunno). I randomly also got like 3 packs for a raffle. I just opened those three packs, and I got an Electrolyze in each one. So, what this magic talk means is....Lady Luck is my friend today!

Funny Thing of the Day: I open my first booster...Niz Mizzet!!
So i take all the red and blue cards i have, and make a deck for the limited event, without paying attention to the other colors. Only after I go 2-1-1 does Collins look at my card pool. He strarts reading to himself..
"Mortify...Blind Hunter...Two Pillorys...Moonlight Bargain...Did you even look at these, you had a black and white deck in here that would have been really good!"
My love for dragons cost me a better record....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home